What we do
Alliance Against Hunger and Malnutrition and Millennium Development Goals
The Alliance Against Hunger and Malnutrition contributes to efforts to achieve the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) through its support of the National Alliances in both developing and developed countries. Its efforts to eradicate hunger and malnutrition throughout the world focus on nurturing the emergence and growth of strong National Alliance Members' networks and promoting accountability and cooperation among government and civil society in achieving the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs).
Alliance Against Hunger and Malnutrition programme areas
All work of the Alliance Against Hunger and Malnutrition focuses on four specific areas:
- advocacy: championing the fight against hunger and malnutrition through multiple channels;
- accountability: working through the National Alliances to serve the country-level implementation of the Committee on World Food Security (CFS). The National Alliances contribute to map country-level food security actions and resources flows and support development of mechanisms and initiatives;
- coordination: providing a central node for coordination among Alliance Against Hunger and Malnutrition and National Alliances;
- resource mobilization: identifying and mobilizing funds for the Alliance Against Hunger and Malnutrition and to support National Alliances.
- providing a platform for interfacing Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) implementation processes and other international efforts to mobilize members of civil society and governments to undertake policy reforms and programme initiatives to reduce hunger;
- developing and implementing initiatives in support of National Alliances such as promoting more effective and focused collaboration among grassroots, civil society and non-governmental organizations, government entities, professional associations and religious leaders;
- mobilizing financial resources needed to undertake the work programme of the Alliance Against Hunger and Malnutrition,
- supporting and facilitating members’ contributions to the work of the Alliance Against Hunger and Malnutrition;
- supporting a media and Internet advocacy campaign to end poverty and hunger;
- developing and maintaining an information exchange platform to ensure access to the most up-to-date information about the activities and achievements of all the Alliance Against Hunger and Malnutrition members;
- monitoring and reporting on implementation of the Alliance Against Hunger and Malnutrition programmes and projects.